Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Outfit: July 17th – Maxi Skirt

17-07-17


17-07-17b


17-07-17c


17-07-17d


17-07-17e


17-07-17f


I have had this skirt YEARS. Literally, years. I don’t think I had it in high school but I’m pretty sure I had it at university. So that makes it going on for 20 years old. Practically vintage. I looked at the label to see whether it gave me any clues as to the age. There’s a website address on it so that makes it late 90s at the very oldest. But the web address is www.tops.co.uk – which now redirects to topshop.com – but why would they even choose that rather than the full Topshop name?! It certainly dates from when the Tall range was in its very infancy.

I keep this skirt because every now and then I have an event where the dress code is an ankle length black skirt and yeah. You try finding a skirt (any skirt, let alone a black one) that is ankle length on me. So I knew this day was going to be a warm one and it suddenly occurred to me that a long skirt with a split up the side would be just as airy as a short one, but would pair better with a racer back tank for the office. I might even wear it again.

Skirt – Topshop Tall
Top – Boohoo
Blazer – New Look (via eBay)
Shoes – Primark
Necklace – self made

Follow me on:

No comments:

Post a Comment