Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Outfit: January 5th – Flares and Red Boots

05-01-18


05-01-18c


05-01-18e


05-01-18b


05-01-18d


05-01-18f


05-01-18g


Flared jeans are a good way to change up the silhouette of an outfit. You will never part me from my beloved skinnies, but flares have been slowly creeping back in over the last few months and well, a change is as good as a rest so I thought I’d bust out the flares for a change. This pair is just the right length for wearing with the flat footwear I have been favouring of late. And talking of flat footwear, yeah I might have picked up the red version of these boots in the sale the other day. The one thing I would change about them is the studs/buckles – they are gold and I would prefer silver, but for £6 I can live with it!

The thing to remember about flares is that there will be a draught up your trouser legs that you don’t get with skinnies. So the secret to wearing flares in the winter? Knee high socks. (And the secret to getting knee high socks when you are ridiculously tall? Over the knee socks, which will actually be knee high on your long legs.) I also like to pick a dry day to wear my flares. There’s nothing worse than getting the bottoms of your trouser legs wet and the cold damp slowing creeping upwards. That’s the best thing about skinny jeans if you ask me, the fact that you can wear your boots over them so they don’t get wet.

Sweater – Bench (via eBay)
Jeans – Michael Kors (via Harrods, sale)
Boots – Primark (sale)
Necklace – gifted
Earrings – Ziggy of Clevedon

Follow me on:

No comments:

Post a Comment