Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Cold Weather


So, is it just me or is it decidedly chilly this week? Actually, I don’t think it’s really that cold it just seems like it after the weeks of hot weather we’ve been spoilt with recently. But this cool snap leads me to wonder (Carrie Bradshaw style), are boots acceptable in August? All the fashion authorities (mostly American it has to be said) that I’ve read recently say keep boots for September, if not October, but yesterday I saw a girl on the street in black knee high boots and on the grey day, she didn’t look out of place. Personally, I think if the weather’s right it doesn’t matter what time of year it is. Trouble is at the moment we can’t even rely on the sun not coming out and making it too warm for boots again!
(By the way, the boots pictured are from Nine West. I own them in my dreams!)

1 comment:

  1. I'd wear boots in August (or June or July for that matter) if the weather was a bit gloomy. Even on a sunny day they can look hot with a little summery dress and a big leather bag.

    PS I'm adding you to my blog links - wanna add me back?

    ReplyDelete