Tuesday, October 17, 2006

More Musings on Jeans



Yes I love my jeans. But what I especially love at the moment is that in terms of style of jean, anything goes. I am an avid member of the Shiny Fashion forums and there is a thread on there at the moment discussing people’s preferences when it comes to jeans – skinny or bootcut, which do you prefer?
I was in Topshop on Saturday and saw two girls coming down the stairs. On was wearing skinny jeans tucked into boots and the other was wearing a flared style over boots. While they both looked fabulous, it struck me that the one in the skinny jeans looked more modern and currently stylish, but the one in the flared legs jeans looked classier. And there I think you have the definitive decision on jean shape. Although I love wearing skinny jeans over heels or tucked into boots, nothing beats a bootcut or flare over boots for class.
(These pictures are not the best illustration of this point – the one of the flared jeans is from the Gap website, showing their Long and Lean style, and the one of the skinnies is of my legs taken from a bad angle and making them look very short when I actually take a 36” inseam length.)

1 comment:

  1. Must admit i prefer to see jeans tucked in - but still feel levis are the tru one if you know what i mean.

    ReplyDelete