Friday, February 29, 2008

Clinique Superbalanced Compact Makeup


Last week I was forced to change my foundation. Well, I say forced, I had already decided to change to one with an SPF in it but when I went shopping I discovered that Max Factor have discontinued the 3-in-1 Complete Makeup that I had been using up until that point so I did in fact have no choice but to switch. I decided to stick with a compact foundation as I like the way it is easy to apply and everything is kept tidily within the compact so that it is easy to transport. I did some research on the internet and the options I came up with were a Body Shop one, a MAC one and the Clinique Superbalanced Compact. I went along to the shopping centre to try out some samples and decide which one was best. I knew there was a Body Shop so I headed there first and a very helpful lady tested a few shades on my cheek and recommended the palest one they make. I didn’t buy there and then, there was just something about the way if felt on that made me think I should try the other options before deciding. So I went to Debenhams and Boots. I couldn’t find a MAC counter at either store so that was out, but Debenhams has a Clinique counter so an equally helpful lady tested some shades of foundation on me there and again, I needed the paler shade. I decided I liked the feel of this one better so I decided to splash out and buy it. It’s not cheap, £21.50 for the initial purchase but refills are available at £17.50 I think. And although the Boots in the shopping centre doesn’t have a Clinique counter, my local Boots is a bigger store and does have one. So when I go back for the refill I will be able to collect the points on my Advantage card. (Did I tell you about the time someone at Boots put 8000 points on my card rather than 8? Hello £80 to spend in Boots!) They say you get what you pay for and in many cases that is true. And I would say so in this case. The coverage is definitely better than the Max Factor one and although I try not to be seduced by packaging, then shiny silver case is very classy. I am keeping it in its box at present to prevent it getting scratched. It also contains SPF 20 and although I‘m not sure how effective this can be in a foundation, it’s got to help a bit, right? It is unlikely I will be switching any more of my cosmetics to a premium brand but I will definitely be sticking with this foundation for the foreseeable future. Until they discontinue it of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment