Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Weekend Recap

It was a Bank Holiday weekend here in the UK, hence my absence yesterday. On Saturday we met some friends in Harrogate. The lads went off to the coast to have a fire on the beach, and the girls and children (ages 3 & ½ and almost 1) went to the parks and the shops. It was glorious sunny day and I regretted wearing a long sleeve black top and dark jeans. We had ice cream in the park, played Pooh Sticks on various bridges over a stream and played on two different playgrounds. In the evening the children were bathed and put to bed and the adults enjoyed take out from Pizza Hut.

Sunday dawn wet and rainy and so we all headed to Eureka, the museum for children in Halifax. I can highly recommend it for kids big and small, even the young man got in on the fun pretending to drive an old British Leyland lorry.

Yesterday the young man and I went to explore Withernsea and Hornsea on the east coast. I imagine Withernsea would be pretty depressing in the winter, but on a warm sunny day it was pleasant, and quiet. Hornsea had more about it but unfortunately all the shops were closed as it was a bank holiday. I wore a green rib vest top, crop jeans, black cardi, silver flats and silver belt. And I forgot the sunscreen so I have the sunburn to remind me how warm it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment