Thursday, March 12, 2009

Outfit: Smart Casual




I’m bending the rules by wearing jeans on a Thursday again. I was going to put my purple booties with this outfit, but changed my mind and added the yellow wedges as an unexpected second colour pop. I think yellow is a very sping-like colour, even though I don’t wear it very often. I remember as a child my sister’s favourite colour was yellow – we had these anoraks from Mothercare that matched – hers was yellow, mine was red. I was dressed in red a lot as a child. My mother and grandmother thought it suited me as I have dark hair.

Purple tank – Long Tall Sally
Grey check shirt – New Look Tall
Jeans – Dorothy Perkins Tall
Purple belt – Ethel Austin
Yellow wedges – Priceless Shoes
Purple necklace – Scope

Total Est. Cost £66

5 comments:

  1. Nice yellow wedges! As a matter of fact, Mimosa yellow has been picked as color of the year for 2009! Very versatile spring color!

    http://www.pantone.com/pages/pantone/pantone.aspx?pg=20634&ca=10

    How did those red patents work out for dancing. Comfortable?

    Thanks

    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved my yellow anorak. It had 5 zips on it and I thought it was cool. To be fair it was about 1986!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great choice on the wedges, nice pop of color!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What ARE you going to do once Priceless Shoes finally closes down?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terry: Thank you. And I didn't wear the red shoes for dancing, I changed into my proper dance shoes once I got there.

    Little Sister: It was about 1986, possibly earlier. And those anoraks were fab, lots of zips!

    Cristina: Thank you.

    Mystery Creature: I don't know! It will be tough having my supply of cheap size 9 shoes cut off. But some Barratts stores are not closing so perhaps some Priceless ones will be saved too?

    ReplyDelete