Monday, July 13, 2009

Outfit: Choir Trip Out

Photobucket

Photobucket

I went to church yesterday morning. After the service the choir and some of the congregation boarded a coach for a trip out to Settle in the Yorkshire Dales. We stopped off for a picnic lunch at Skipton, then continued on to Settle. People split off into small groups to wander around the town. My group made for the nearest tea shop (the Settle Down CafĂ©) for afternoon tea. Then we took a walk along the river. We walked all the way to Giggleswick (not hard as it’s only just over the river from Settle) and the sun came out making for a lovely afternoon. The reason we had gone to Settle was for the choir to sing at the evening service at the Methodist church so just after 5pm we headed to the church for a rehearsal and then the service.

My friends C, L & I are the youngest members of the choir (at 25, 25 & 30) and L’s mum popped into the sweet shop and bought us all sweetie necklaces to wear.

Photobucket

The church members in Settle laid on a supper for us in the church hall afterwards which was thoroughly enjoyed by all. Back on the coach for the journey home and songsheets were handed around so we could while away the journey singing at the tops of our voices. It was just like being on a school trip again. It was going up to 11 by the time I got home so I could have done without the early start this morning. I had great time yesterday though and we are already planning a trip to the coast for next year.

I am pleased to report that the emergency shoes purchased on Saturday morning are very comfortable and did not rub at all yesterday (I wore them all day including the walking in the afternoon). And I didn’t even apply Compeed Anti-Blister.

Blue cardi – Ethel Austin
Blue tank – Topshop
Jeans – River Island
Pewter sandals – Dorothy Perkins
Whitby Jet cross – gifted
Blue chunky bangle – Diamonds & Pearls
Blue & turquoise bangles – Oxfam

Total Est. Cost £72

2 comments:

  1. There's a place called Giggleswick? That's fantastic, I really want to go there now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup! Lots of fab place names in Yorkshire - there's a place called Jump near Barnsley.

    ReplyDelete