Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Review: Hunter Wellington Boots


Unless you are the kind of girl who goes to festivals regularly, it is unlikely that wellies will have crossed your fashion radar. I have always had a pair, but only for playing out in the snow and guide camp – the kind of thing that requires Wellington boots when you are young. The pair currently residing in the garage are old – possibly dating back as far as 1993 or 1994, the last time I camped as a Girl Guide. All this is set to change this winter though, for I have been sent a pair of Hunter Wellingtons. These are the crème de la crème of wellies (if such a thing exists), worn by both the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh. The boots come in a range of colours and if you are lucky enough to have smaller feet than I do, you can choose from pink, navy, purple, chocolate and silver. I went for the classic green colour as it was available in my size.

Hunter wellies are unlike any wellies I have ever worn before. The tops are fairly narrow and hug your leg well. There is an adjustable strap at the top too for an even closer fit. This means that they do not slop about when you walk. The inside fabric is smooth and the rubber feels like it is top quality. The soles are chunky and solid. I am hoping for plenty of snow this winter so the boots can be put to good use.

Hunter Wellingtons, along with a full range of winter boots, are available at Fitness Footwear from £54.95. As always, UK delivery is free.

1 comment:

  1. This seems to be a great site for Portable Pools, Plastic Pools,Wellington Boots, Water Footwear, Queen Airbed With Pump.I had been relying on http://www.togga.co.uk earlier and they too offered good stuff.

    ReplyDelete