Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Outfit: Ruby (New) Shoesday

29-06-10e

29-06-10c

29-06-10f

29-06-10g

June29

Orchard red wedge

This outfit is inspired by my friend Amber. I have seen dresses everywhere that are a navy skirt attached to a stripy top, and I think Amber has one. I don’t have such a dress and tempted as I was to buy one at the weekend, I think all the ones I have seen would be a bit short on me for work. So I have improvised. I already have a navy dress (another reason not to buy another one) and I already have [del]a[/del] several stripy tops. A bit of tucking to make the dress into a skirt and Bob’s-my-father*, I have a dress like I wanted! Add a wide belt to cover the join (just like Gok would do) and no one is any the wiser. Except for you, now that I’ve told you what I’ve done.

So, the shoes. Over the weekend I decided a low wedge would be nice, just to give me a bit of lift when I’m wearing short-shorts. I decided red canvas wedges would be just the job. I saw a pair I liked on the Next website and when my local store didn’t have any in, I went home to order them online. Of course they were sold out in my size. I went to a store near work yesterday and discovered that my size are sold out everywhere in the local vicinity. Sometimes even a shoe queen has to know when to give up so I went down the road to Brantano. What I ended up with are not canvas but they were so comfy when I walked around the shop in them (and the back strap didn’t feel like it was about to ping off my heel as usually happens to me with sling backs) that I bought them. The platform at the front makes them only feel like a small heel to me and the sole is so squishy that I am hopeful I will be able to walk the same kind of distances in them as I can in flat shoes. I will be putting this theory to the test at lunchtime if it doesn’t start pouring with rain again as it looks like it’s about to do.

Navy cardi – Next Tall
Cream and navy tank – River Island
Navy tank – River Island
Navy dress (worn as skirt) – Next
Red wedges – Orchard (Brantano)
Red belt – mall market stall
Blue bead bracelet – gifted
Navy heart necklace – Scope
Silver earrings – gifted

Total Est. Cost £80


*My dad actually is called Bob, so it doesn’t make any sense to me to say “Bob’s your uncle”. Unless, of course, I’m talking to one of my cousins.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, how exciting - I've never inspired an outfit before!

    I actually sold the dress you mention because I figured it was too short for meto get a whole lot of use out of, but I still love this look, and I love what you've done with the dress/top combo -so clever!

    We say "Bob's your grandfather" in our house - I'm glad it's not just us :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!
    And I'm glad it's not just me with the Bob thing too!
    x

    ReplyDelete