Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Outfit: Ruby Shoesday

03-08-10


03-08-10d


03-08-10b


03-08-10e


August3


NOW Discount Red


I must be getting used to doing this now as I remembered it was Ruby Shoesday, even after a fortnight off. Go me!

The new issue of Elle magazine tells me that the trouser is back in a big way for the A/W season. This is good news. Couple it with the fact that thick socks worn with fabulous shoes were all over the catwalks at the A/W shows, and this winter will be full of cosy. And full of fantastic footwear. Just my thing.

This week is shaping up to be a busy one (and I thought August was going to be quiet). We have a meal out tonight for the young man’s dad’s birthday, and a meal out on Thursday with my sister and her hubby. I am going swimming this afternoon and tomorrow and I’m getting my hair done Thursday afternoon. The Tesco shop will have to be postponed to Friday this week. At least it all softens the blow of being back at work.

Today’s look is simple. I seem to pair red and black a lot, but it’s such a classic combination. I had originally picked out a different black tank but I wasn’t sure whether the v neck would be too deep for work. No such problems with this one: I’d forgotten just how high necked it is. I love the ruching on the sides but as it’s not a Tall piece it needs to be paired carefully – the waist line of the bottom part has to be sufficiently high so I’m not flashing midriff.

Red shrug – New Look Tall
Black side ruched tank – Dorothy Perkins
Black cords – Topshop Tall
Red shoes – NOW Discount Shoes (gifted)
Red beads – Ethel Austin
Red and cream bangles – gifted
Red glitter bangles – Primark
Silver hoops – Claire’s

Total Est. Cost £54

2 comments:

  1. You look very nice.
    I guess it's not very hot where you live. In Romania we have 35 degrees Celsius so I can only wear very light dreses or shorts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. No, it's not very hot here. It's not really cold, but it's not hot either.

    ReplyDelete