Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Outfit: Meal Out and Shoeper Challenge #63

03-08-10j


03-08-10k


03-08-10n


03-08-10l


03-08-10m


Glitter


I don’t know about you, but I like to dress up a little when I go out. I don’t think people dress up often enough these days so I like to take the opportunity when I can. However, as we were only headed to the local pub for a meal to celebrate the young man’s dad’s birthday, I kept the clothes fairly simple but amped it up with the shoes and hair. I love big hair and used my Bumpit to full effect last night. I didn’t do anything to the colour before anyone asks – there was a little sunshine yesterday evening (I know, I couldn’t believe it either!) and those red/auburn streaks are 100% natural.

These shoes have been languishing in my cupboard for a couple of years now and have only been worn a couple of times. I got them in a charity shop for £4.99 and I think the reason they were there is the same reason as why I didn’t wear them much previously. You see, when I got them, bits of the glitter stuck up over the edge of the shoe and it was unbelievably sharp. Having sharp things stick in your foot all night? Not fun. A while ago I attacked them with scissors and a metal nail file and now, let the record show, these shoes are actually really comfortable. I think I still had it in my head that they would spike me, but now I have been re-educated, I will endeavour to wear them far more frequently. I bought them because I had been lusting after an almost identical blue pair from Faith for months, perhaps years. The blue ones were too expensive for shoes that would only be worn occasionally so I waited for the sale but of course my size was long gone by that time. Stalking them on eBay proved fruitless so when I spied these in bronze for just a fiver, it was a done deal.

We had a lovely meal out then went back to the young man’s parents’ for a cup of tea.

Brown top – Tall Girls
Jeans – Next Tall (Clearance Store)
Bronze glitter shoes – New Look (charity shop)
White gold cross - gifted

Total Est. Cost £27

2 comments:

  1. I just remembered I have a pair of bronze glitter shoes, stilleto type, and I only wore them once or twice because I don't know HOW ! I liked them so much when I saw them but then I realized that I don't know what to wear them with. I'll have to get inspired from you so please do some more dressing up with this shoes in the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will definitely wear these shoes again now I know they are comfy. Look out for them in the near future!

    ReplyDelete