Friday, August 06, 2010

Outfit: Shoeper Challenge #64 and Very.co.uk Jeans Review

05-08-10n


05-08-10p


05-08-10s


05-08-10q


05-08-10o


05-08-10r


Priceless Purple Flats


When I was contacted last week by Very.co.uk and offered a couple of their products in exchange for a review, I jumped at the chance. My skinny jeans that I wear with flats are on their way to wearing out so the first place I headed to pick something out was the jeans department. I knew that Very stock the South label which is available in Tall, but I was sceptical about just how ‘tall’ the lengths were. The size guide said the leg length was 33” (to anyone tall, this is most definitely not Tall). However, I decided to give them a go anyway and requested the Pippa straight leg jeans. I am very pleased to report that as you can see from the pictures the jeans are far longer than a 33” inside leg. They are perfect for me to wear with flats and I might even be able to wear them with heels too. They have a little stretch in them, making them super comfortable to wear; and they are fairly high waisted, meaning no muffin top! I love the detailing around the pockets (I am sucker for detailing on jeans) and look forward to being able to wear the jeans tucked into boots come the winter.

I have already recommended these jeans to a friend, and I would have no hesitation in buying myself another pair from the South range. The Pippa jeans are priced at just £20 so Very.co.uk will definitely be a port of call next time I am looking for jeans.

We headed out to eat at a pub restaurant last night with my sister and her husband. As I was wearing my new jeans, I took the opportunity to cross another pair of shoes off the Shoeper Challenge list. These are my dressiest flats and I also have them in bright blue (which I have yet to wear in the challenge). I think they were £9 (hence why I have 2 pairs).

I had my hair done yesterday afternoon. I asked my hairdresser to put in some shorter layers as I wanted to keep the length but do something a bit different with it. I love how she blow dries it so straight: what you see here was achieved using only a hairdryer and some Tigi Bedhead. I’m sure it will look totally different once I’ve washed it and styled it myself but I’m enjoying my professional blow dry whilst it lasts. If I had endless money I would definitely treat myself to a weekly blowdry.

Purple shrug – cut down from a top (charity shop)
White tanks (I have on 2 as they are so thin) – River Island
Jeans – Very.co.uk (gifted)
Purple satin flats – Priceless Shoes
Silver necklace – gifted
Purple bangles – Diamonds & Pearls
Silver bangles – Scope
Earrings – Ethel Austin

Total Est. Cost £34

No comments:

Post a Comment