Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Outfit: Shoeper Challenge #84 and a Review of Some New Shoes

17-11-10d


17-11-10b


17-11-10


17-11-10c


17-11-10e


November17


Lotus Red Patent MJs


Yes, I have new shoes on today, and as the rules state, they must be added into the Shoeper Challenge. They would have been perfect for Ruby Shoesday but as I worked from home yesterday I was just in jeans and a sweatshirt all day.

The shoes were kindly sent to me by Kaleidoscope, a home shopping catalogue, for review. Kaleidoscope is not a brand I was especially familiar with before, but they have a surprising range of products – check out their evening dresses for example.

I picked the shoes to replace the stretched out red shoes I binned recently, and I love how shiny they are! Mary-Jane style shoes are always a winner but these are a little more unusual with the strap widening towards the inside of the shoe. The shoes are by Lotus and are very comfortable. The heel is high at 3” but not excessive and the straps unbuckle (not always a given these days) making them easy to put on and take off. I can see these becoming a staple in my wardrobe over the winter – the patent is perfect for wet days – and being a regular addition to Ruby Shoesdays.

I paired the red accents with grey today – I often find grey works better as a neutral than black does. Cosy tights and a polo neck were just the job for a chilly grey morning.

We have my parents coming over for tea tonight so I have to go home and tidy up a bit and do some cooking. I have totally cheated and bought a cheesecake for dessert so that’s one less thing to worry about.

Grey sweater – Long Tall Sally
Grey dress – Long Tall Sally
Grey tights – Primark
Red beads – eBay
Red belt – Next
Red shoes – Lotus at Kaleidoscope (gifted)
Silver hoops – Claire’s

Total Est. Cost £64

2 comments:

  1. I love the color of the shoes. They seem a "burnt" red and it works really well with the gray. What type of work do you do? Are you on your feet alot. I am looking for a store that carries very stylish mid heeled shoes. Any ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. They are quite a dark red which I think makes them a bit unusual.

    I do administration so mostly a desk job, hence the love of heels.

    Are you in the UK? If so, try Clarks for mid heigh heels. But there are a lot of lower heels around this season so most stores will have some good options for you. If you give me more of an idea what you are looking for (colour, heel width, style - pointy, round toe, strap etc) I can help you further.

    ReplyDelete