Thursday, November 18, 2010

Outfit: Shoeper Challenge #85 and an Early Christmas Present

18-11-10b


18-11-10d


18-11-10


18-11-10c


18-11-10f


November18


Deichmann Graceland wedge boot


You know it is going to be a good day when you are greeted at your desk by this:

IMGP7115


(OK, it was wrapped in brown paper, but underneath the brown paper was that exciting looking parcel.)

Inside was the boots that I am wearing today. An early Christmas present from Deichmann Shoes. Deichmann was not a brand I was familiar with, as they are only just now expanding their presence in the UK. They have branches all over the country though so check out their website and there is bound to be one near you. You can also order online from them but they have a rather strange system of shipping your order from your nearest store so bad luck if it’s not in stock there. (Isn’t the point of online shopping to allow you to buy things which aren’t in stock in store?)

Fortunately for me, the boots of my choice were in stock and I received them, beautifully gift wrapped, on Tuesday. I was told that the sizing is quite generous and that proved to be accurate: the boots I am wearing are a 41 and fit me fine. They are fully lined with faux-sheepskin and the faux suede is water repellent, according to the label. Yes, the word ‘faux’ appears in there a lot, but check out the prices. These boots retail for just £24.99 and the rest of the price points are similar to those in New Look (which is how the brand was described to me). I was delighted to find the tops of the boots pull up, making them the perfect length for knee highs on me. Ladies with less long legs will find they reach knee height with the tops folded down. Boots with an option of how to wear them are always a winner in my book!

I decided to keep the rest of my outfit quite neutral today, but these boots will go with just about anything and I look forward to remixing them frequently over the coming months.

Beige dress – Bay Trading
Brown leggings – New Look
Beige boots – Deichmann Shoes (gifted)
Brown and silver scarf – mall market stall
Silver cross necklace – gifted
Silver hoops – Claire’s
Tan Obi belt – ASOS

Total Est. Cost £38

No comments:

Post a Comment