Monday, March 14, 2011

Outfit: Shoeper Challenge #15 and a Cold and Frosty Monday

14-03-11c


14-03-11d


14-03-11g


March14


FaithMary


There was another frost this morning. Scraping my car is getting old now – I’ve been doing it on and off since the end of November. That’s coming on for 5 months. At least there is some lovely spring sunshine today though. I don’t envy the parts of Scotland that are under feet of snow again. You can see how cold it was this morning from the ice that had formed between the double glazing:

14-03-11


I dried my hair with my Remington Spin Curl dryer last night. I applied heat protector and a bit of mousse (Amber, are you paying attention to this?) and clipped the top section of my hair up. I dried the bottom half in about 5 or 6 sections of ‘spins’ and left them spun. I unclipped the top part and dried that in sections. I sprayed all the spun sections with a liberal amount of gel spray (seriously, if you’ve not tried Wella Shockwaves Gel Spray, it gives fabulous hold – get it at Boots) before undoing them with my fingers. I was left with lovely waves which I doused in gel spray again for good measure. Even after sleeping on it (I tied it back with a hair elastic which may have helped the waves stay in but put odd kinks in it too) the waves were still intact but I had to pull the front sections back due to the odd shape the hair elastic had left. I’ve included a picture of the back of my head so you can see the waves.

14-03-11e


These boots are now safe in the shoeper challenger. They were bought in the Faith sale in about 2004 or 2005 and I love the button and stitching details. They cost £50 and I think that was about half price.

14-03-11b


This skirt is suede and consequently doesn’t get worn that often. It was bought in Dublin in 2004. I spotted a mucky mark on it when I got to work so that’s a trip to the dry cleaners for tomorrow or Wednesday.

Brown polo neck – Long Tall Sally
Blue suede skirt – Oasis
Brown tights – New Look
Brown boots – Faith
Silver and cream bead cluster – New Look
Silver hair clips – Claire’s
Silver hoops – gifted

Total Est. Cost £110

No comments:

Post a Comment