Sunday, May 08, 2011

Outfit: Shoeper Challenge #45 and a Wedding

07-05-11h


07-05-11b


07-05-11c


07-05-11d

07-05-11i

Barratts Cream fabric


Yesterday a friend of mine got married. Her sister is the same age as me and I have known her since I was about 3 years old – before I started school. As the bride is 3 years younger than her sister, I’ve known her her whole life. I can remember her in a pushchair when she was a toddler. My sister and parents were wedding guests too, and the ceremony was held at my old church. The reception was at a country pub in a little village about 20 miles from my hometown. We had a lovely day and although it rained whilst we were in church, it cleared up again and the rain held off long enough for the photos. The food was great, the speeches were entertaining and then there was dancing.

07-05-11


07-05-11e


I wore a cream shrug over my dress in church, and kept it on most of the day as it dropped quite chilly and got windy when the rain came. I bought these shoes 7 and a half years ago for another friend’s wedding and they only come out occasionally, usually for weddings. I wasn’t going to include them in the Shoeper Challenge, but since I’ve worn them, I thought I might as well add them to the list.

07-05-11f


Navy dress – ASOS (charity shop)
Cream shoes – Barratts
Cream flower – Claire’s
Cream and silver earrings – gifted
Diamante and silver necklace – gifted
Cream bead bracelets – Diamonds & Pearls

Total Est. Cost £57

3 comments:

  1. Oh Fi, you look gorgeous in these pictures! I love that dress, I can't believe you managed to find it in a charity shop - is this the one they kept to one side for you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks hon! Yep, that's the dress, the one they put back for me and cost me £10. It was on the mannequin in the window - just as well or I'd never have spotted it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Killer legs Fi, you look crackin in this get up missis xx

    ReplyDelete