Monday, July 04, 2011

Outfit: Monday

03-07-11b


03-07-11c


03-07-11e


Matalan red flats


Today was the first day of our week off and it was so nice not having to get up. We slept late and then the young man headed out for DIY supplies and I went to get some fabric to re-cover the dining room chairs. I went to a fabric shop in the next town and the lovely lady there gave me some tips (anchor each side of the seat covering before stapling all the way down, and go to B&Q for a staple gun), then I went to B&Q for a staple gun.

This is what the chairs looked like before I started:

IMGP9770


When I took the seats out I discovered that the pattern was originally orange flowers with green leaves. I was given the chairs about 9 years ago and they’ve always looked pink-y beige so goodness knows how old they actually are. I covered the seats of all 4 chairs so now they look like this:

IMGP9771


I need to do the backs of them next, but I’m not quite sure how I’m going to do it. I think I may need to ask Google (or possibly the young man’s mum).

03-07-11d


In amongst the chair seats I also did some washing, baked two loaves of bread (which is delicious) and took the laminate flooring from the conservatory to the tip (the young man’s project for the week is to level out the conservatory floor and lay carpet in there.

03-07-11


We barbequed (again) for tea, and I inadvertently wore red, white and blue for the 4th of July too!

Blue and white stripe tank – River Island
Jeans – South (c/o Very.co.uk)
Tan leather belt – River Island
Red leather flats – Matalan
Silver cross necklace – gifted
Silver hoops – gifted

Total Est. Cost £36

No comments:

Post a Comment