Sunday, September 11, 2011

Outfit: Girls’ Road Trip to Newcastle!

10-09-11b


10-09-11c


10-09-11d


Priceless Silver flat


Friday night I stayed in and got all my chores done, whilst the young man went to meet a couple of his mates for drinks. I went to meet the lads for a last drink around 10.30pm, and then we headed home.

10-09-11


Saturday morning I was up in good time as I was off to Newcastle with my friends L and C and their friend A as we were seeing Dolly Parton in concert that evening. I had volunteered to drive and we set off. We got there without incident and parked in the multi-storey car park by the Metro Arena. We walked into the city centre and had some dinner in Spud-U-Like. Then the quest for cowboy hats began. We’d decided we ought to have some hats as a nod to the country and western theme of the evening. Xtras only had two suitable hats (the other two said Hen Party on them) and all the ones in Clinton’s had Hen Party badges on them. It was Card Factory to the rescue who had 4 white hats with flashing lights on the front. For £1.99 a piece we snapped them up!

10-09-11e


Hats in the bag, we went to Topshop and New Look. L got a vest top to put on (Newcastle was unseasonably warm yesterday) as we knew it was going to be hot in the arena in the evening. I bought this in Topshop:


It is navy blue and the softest knit ever. The sleeves are super long and the turn-ups can be unpicked so that the cuffs will pull right over my hands.

Shopped out, we headed down to the Quayside for refreshments and then over to the Baltic museum on the Gateshead side of the river. That’s where this picture was taken:

10-09-11f


We had tea at Pizza Express and then it was time to wander over to the Arena for the concert! Here’s me modelling my hat:

10-09-11g


Dolly was fantastic (as we knew she would be) and everyone was up dancing at the end to 9 To 5.

Black sweater – Long Tall Sally
Black crinkle top – Long Tall Sally (eBay)
Black shrug – New Look
Jeans – New Look
Silver flats – Priceless Shoes
Whitby Jet cross – gifted
Silver hoops – gifted
Scarf – H&M
Sunglasses – Claire’s
Hat – Card Factory

Total Est. Cost £105

No comments:

Post a Comment