Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Outfit: Little Shop Day! (And a New Dress)

21-09-11


21-09-11d


September21


RobertoVianniAnkleStrap


It’s Little Shop of Horrors Day! The 21st Day in the month of September (if you’ve seen the stage show or you have the soundtrack you’ll understand). It was the school play when I was in the third form and my group of friends were obsessed with it from then on, right until we left school four years later. And fourteen years on from that, I still remember it every year.

21-09-11b


So this is the dress I got in Primark on Sunday. It was a whole £12 and I picked it up to try on as the sleeves looked super long and the length looked like it would be around my knees. It’s supposed to be a midi dress, but as you can see: on me, not so much. I was right about the sleeves though and I even had to get a size smaller than I tried on as it kept falling off my shoulders due to being too big around the top. The dress comes in this toffee colour, plain black, or black and toffee stripes. I was going to go for the stripes, but thought the black would make it too limiting (I knew I would want to pair brown accessories with it like I have today), so plumped for this plain one instead.

21-09-11c


Last night I made some homemade bread. I like making bread, and the end results are always worth it, but it takes so long! By 9.30pm we had two warm loaves filling the kitchen with that lovely fresh bread fragrance, and the young man wasted no time in tucking it to about six slices, hot buttered and served with some cheese. I indulged in a couple of slices with strawberry jam and it was delicious.

I have another night in tonight, and no plans other than trying out a new fish recipe for tea.

Tan knit dress – Primark
Tan Obi belt – ASOS
Brown tights – New Look (I think)
Brown shoes – Roberto Vianni (Debenhams)
Silver hoops – gifted
Silver beads – George at ASDA
Silver and diamante necklace – gifted

Total Est. Cost £54

2 comments:

  1. What a bargain! I rarely go into Primark, the crowds don't do it for me, but they have some fab items.

    How much more weight are you hoping to lose? You look fabulous the way you are : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I only went in as it was Sunday (less manic than Saturday) and it was the branch at the mall (quieter than the one in town) but it was still busy! No queue for the changing rooms though.

    I have just 7lbs to go to my weight goal (though it's weigh day tomorrow, so that may change one way or the other!) then I'll be maintaining it, I hope!

    ReplyDelete