Sunday, October 09, 2011

Outfit: Sunday and A (Wet) Weekend Recap

09-10-11


09-10-11e


Mustang Alora boots


I was wearing this sweater yesterday for a short time – until I managed to spill hot tea all over myself and had to change (and wash the sweater). This happened before I’d had a chance to take pictures, and as I just put on a black sweater and skinny jeans I didn’t bother with photos.

09-10-11b


I started out in scruffy jeans and a hoodie, and cleaned the bathroom, vacced and did some washing. I have managed to make it rain not once, but twice this weekend – yesterday it started before I had even finished hanging out the first load of washing, today I got in 2 hours of drying time before it started raining. My powers are clearly weakened today.

09-10-11d


The young man’s mate came over for lunch yesterday – I made butternut squash and carrot soup. I was actually pretty domesticated yesterday as I made pain au chocolat for breakfast (recipe here). I had seen them on Cupcakes and Cashmere and they looked delish, so I had to try them out for myself. Well, they were delish! I used reduced fat ready rolled puff pastry to make them a little lower in WW points. After lunch we sat in the conservatory for a while (with the heater on) watching the rain. Then the young man and his mate headed out for a drink and I went to ASDA for some new slippers as I’d spied a hole in my current pair earlier on.

09-10-11c


In the evening I tried on some dresses from my wardrobe and weeded out a few that no longer fit to list on eBay. I was feeling brave so I tried on my bridesmaid dress from my sister’s wedding in 2006 and it fit! I’m not sure what I’ll do with it, but as it was made to measure, I’m keeping it. I also tried on the full length ball gown I had made for the ball in the summer of the Lower 6th (when I was 17). I last wore it at Christmas 2004 for a black tie do on Boxing Night, and I’d had it taken in a little at that time. That dress also fit and I’m going to take it to the alterations lady in the village on Monday to have it shortened to just below the knee. I may wear it for the wedding we are going to in November.

Today dawned just as overcast as yesterday, but I did manage to get the towels on the line for two hours before it rained. I listed my items on eBay and did some ironing. We are just chilling in the conservatory with some tea now – there’s not so much to do on a wet Sunday afternoon.

Cream and grey stripe sweater – H&M
Denim skirt – J Jasper Conran (Debenhams)
Grey rib tights – H&M
Grey boots – Mustang Shoes (c/o Sarenza)
Cream and silver bead cluster – New Look
Silver cross necklace – gifted
Silver hoops – gifted

Total Est. Cost £59

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading about all the domestic details of your weekend, right down to the butternut squash and slippers shopping. Your blog has a cozy diary quality that I quite like :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for telling me that! Sometimes I waffle on and I think, does anyone actually want to read this stuff?!

    ReplyDelete