Sunday, December 18, 2011

Outfit: Festival Service

18-12-11b


18-12-11d


New Look OTK boots


This morning was the annual Festival Service at church. It’s kind of a nativity some years, other years it’s a play about something else to do with Christmas. This morning was about exploring the history of some of the most loved Christmas carols, and included a sketch about the writing of Silent Night and one about the story of Good King Wenceslas. The choir was singing so I chose a suitably festive red dress. This is the dress I took in the other night. I only got it in July so I couldn’t bear to part with it, but it really was too big. I don’t think I’ve done too bad a job and I’ve saved myself the £10 or £15 the alterations lady would have charged.

18-12-11c


After a lunch of sausage sandwiches we got the Christmas tree and decorations out of the loft (and also the china ready for Christmas dinner) and put the suitcases away. I put the tree up and the young man put up string and hung Christmas cars on it. I’m feeling much more Christmassy now, with the glow of the tree lights behind me.

18-12-11


I think this is the last outing for these boots. They are a bit tight on me (either my feet have grown or the boots have shrunk) so I’m going to pass them in the direction of my sister who wears a size smaller than I do.

Red and black dress – Next Tall
Black leggings – New Look Tall
Black polo neck sweater – New Look Tall
Black OTK boots – New Look
Silver bead necklace – George at ASDA
Silver snowflake earrings – Funky Junk Jewellery

Total Est. Cost £101

No comments:

Post a Comment