Thursday, December 22, 2011

Outfit: Shoeper Challenge #94 and an eBay Bargain!

22-12-11


22-12-11e


December22


Miss Sixty Jaiden 2


Ever since Allie got her pair of Miss Sixty Jaiden booties last year, and wrote about how comfy they are, I wanted a pair for myself. However, finding a pair in the UK proved difficult so I turned to my old friend eBay for assistance. After many months of getting email alerts for the boots at varying price points, a pair in my size came up and I snagged them for less than £20. Not bad for footwear that retails for $169. I will report back on whether I find them as comfy as all the reviews say they are, but so far, so good. Thanks to the thick rubber sole, and the platform on top of that, those high spiky heels are actually only around 2” high. My only complaint so far is that my toes are chilly!

22-12-11c


I decided to put on a sparkly top today, and dress it down with jeans and a sweater for work. If you can’t wear sparkle two days before Christmas, when can you?

22-12-11d


Last night I did the Tesco shop. It was manic, but fingers crossed I won’t need anything other than a loaf of bread from the corner shop prior to Christmas now, and won’t have to go near a supermarket any nearer to the big day.

22-12-11b


This afternoon my sister is meeting me from work (she finished for the holidays yesterday dinner time) and her husband is joining us at home later and we’re all going to the local pub (the one that looks like Santa’s Grotto inside) for tea.

Blue/black top – Dorothy Perkins Tall
Black sweater – Long Tall Sally
Jeans – Next Tall (clearance outlet)
Black booties – Miss Sixty (eBay)
Silver and cream bead cluster – New Look
Blue/black ring – charity shop
Silver and blue earrings – Etsy

Total Est. Cost £81

2 comments:

  1. Awesome sparkles! I just got peep toe brogues and I'm thinking they'll be somewhat impractical...but so comfy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. And impractical shoes are the best kind!

    ReplyDelete