Sunday, January 01, 2012

Outfit: New Year’s Eve (Evening)

31-12-11g


31-12-11i


Glitter


Happy New Year 2012! I hope you all had an ace time celebrating last night and at the beginning of another year, I would like to thank you all for your continued support and readership. It really means a lot to know people are still reading and taking the time to leave comments.

31-12-11f


Last night we headed into the city for a black tie dinner dance. There was a group of six of us and we had a fantastic time. The food at these things can often be not great, but last night’s was pretty good – smoked salmon, roast guinea fowl and lemon mousse, followed by a cheese board and coffee. There was a live band and then a DJ, and we were all dancing until the end at 2.30am this morning.

31-12-11h


I dug out my little black dress (this is also the dress I wore to our friends’ wedding in Australia) and my sparkly heels. I got this dress on eBay but it was BNWT and I think I paid £15 for it. The shoes were a charity shop bargain which looked as if they had been worn once, if that. They are extremely comfy for heels – my feet ached by the time we got home from dancing for 4 hours, but there was no burning pain in the balls of my feet, and the shoes don’t rub or pinch at all.

Black shrug – Long Tall Sally
Black sequined dress – Long Tall Sally (eBay)
Bronze glitter shoes – New Look (charity shop)

Total Est. Cost £35

4 comments:

  1. Stunning Fi, really classic and chic. Happy New Year! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun (and glam!) night. Great shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you everyone. We had a fab time and I did feel rather glam!

    ReplyDelete