Thursday, February 02, 2012

Outfit: Vintage Dress and Back On The Wagon

02-02-12b


02-02-12c


02-02-12f


LK Bennett Shilo


I’m not convinced about this dress anymore – what do you think? It’s warm, and I think it looks better in person than in these pictures but it just looks a bit baggy here. Hmm. I was at a loss as to what shoes to wear today too, so I followed my mantra and went for red. I initially put out my bright red pointy courts, but suspected that might look too 80s. It didn’t but when I tried this pair on I liked the look better. I think these might be my favourite shoes at present.

02-02-12e


02-02-12d


So, after a few months of not tracking and eating pretty much what I wanted without going overboard, I’ve decided to get back on the Weight Watchers wagon and give the Filling and Healthy method a go. I’m still hovering around my goal weight but I want to make sure I stay here – I have all those lovely smaller size clothes to fit into and I’ve sold most of my bigger size stuff. Basically you have a list of foods that you can eat as much as you want from (though not to excess, obviously – it’s about feeling satisfied rather than over full) and then anything else you count the points and deduct from your weekly and/or earned activity points total. It can’t do me any harm, certainly. I am aware that I’ve not been eating as healthily of late: in an attempt to whittle down the contents of the freezer I’ve been using whatever was in there to concoct meals, healthy or not. So here’s the plan:

1. Drink more water – I’ve been really slack at this recently
2. Dig out my WW recipes and do a meal plan each week
3. Replace one snack a day with a cup of Options hot choc
4. Stop eating meat sausages – Quorn ones are just as tasty (to me) and far lower in fat
5. Start tracking activity points again to encourage more exercise

02-02-12


Tonight we are at the young man’s parents for tea and the food there is always home-cooked, delicious and fairly healthy so that should be fine. I’m still going to the gym regularly and I still snack on fruit (mostly) so I’m not doing too badly really. I think these few small changes will mean I can have the occasional treat and not worry about it.

Navy dress – vintage (charity shop)
Black tights – H&M
Black patent belt – Primark
Burgundy patent leather shoes – LK Bennett (c/o Sarenza)
Silver hoops – gifted
Blue/black ring – charity shop

Total Est. Cost £15

2 comments:

  1. The dress looks nice but I would say that it's too big. You've got a fabulous figure & the dress doesn't show it off : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! And I never thought a size 'Small' would be too big for me! I'll have to have a think about whether to keep it.

    ReplyDelete