Monday, March 19, 2012

Outfit: Shoeper Challenge 2012 #5 and A Weekend Recap

19-03-12b


19-03-12e


March19


Priceless lilac-pink


I thought by mid-March I would be done with scraping my windscreen, but no, up here in the Frozen North we awoke to a frost this morning. Fun times.

I had quite a busy weekend all in all. Saturday morning the young man woke me up early – something to do with the light outside I think. We got up and I cleaned the bathroom, hung out some washing and then went to Tesco to do the grocery shopping. I got back to find the young man had gone for a ride on his motorbike so I was just checking my emails and contemplating vaccing when the young man’s mum called round. We had a cup of tea and the young man came back.

19-03-12


After lunch I vacced, made a chocolate mousse (that was supposed to be more of a fudge but I think I know where I went wrong and I hope it will set better next time). I hung some more washing on the line, listed a bunch of stuff on eBay (thank you free listings weekend!) and generally faffed about online until it was time for tea.

Yesterday we wanted to make the most of the spring sunshine so we went for a drive to the Lake District. It was lovely (if a little chilly out of the sun). We had a walk around Bowness by Lake Windermere and then headed up to Pooley Bridge by Ullswater. On the way back we called at a local produce shop called Cranston’s, just off the M6. We bought pie for tea, and some cheese and crusty bread. We stopped in at the young man’s parents’ to drop off a Mother’s Day card and to arrange a meal out with them later in the week.

19-03-12d


I didn’t save any shoes over the weekend. I wore some, obviously but didn’t photograph them because a) the shoes I wore on Saturday have seen better days and I may just bin them rather than including them in the challenge, and b) yesterday I wore trainers which I have already said I am not including in the challenge.

This morning when I saw the frost I was glad I’d laid out thick black tights to go under my dress. Bare feet with leggings would have been a bit chilly today I think. These booties are from Priceless Shoes and I think they cost just £10. They are a little on the large side but with an extra pair of socks they work out just fine. My dress was one of my all time bargains – it was just 99p in a charity shop and look how long the sleeves are! I had it shortened as it was below the knee when I got it and it works much better at this length. It’s one of my favourite dresses due to the sleeves (why don’t more dresses have full length sleeves?).

I only have three pictures today - my camera battery was dying and the rest came out blurry. But look! Daylight! At 6.30am!

Teal dress (shortened) – F+F at Tesco (charity shop)
Purple top – Next Tall (eBay)
Black tights – Tesco?
Purple booties – Priceless Shoes
Silver earrings – gifted
Whitby Jet cross – gifted
Purple hearts necklace – gifted

Total Est. Cost £18

No comments:

Post a Comment