Friday, May 04, 2012

Outfit: Shoeper Challenge 2012 #34 and the Start of a Long Weekend

04-05-12



04-05-12f



04-05-12h



May04



Matalan Snakeskin

04-05-12c

Happy Friday y’all! It’s the beginning of a bank holiday weekend this evening and I could not be happier about that. I don’t even mind (too much) that the forecast is for it to be cold (hello, weather, it’s May! You can do better than highs of 8°C, surely?) so long as it doesn’t rain the whole time.


04-05-12e

Yesterday afternoon the forecast rain didn’t materialise thankfully. I went to the hairdresser which I always enjoy – not only having my hair done but also chatting with my awesome hairdresser. After my appointment I popped home for some tea, watched Neighbours for the first time in ages (why have Summer and Andrew split up, someone?) and then I went up to Boots for some bits and pieces – hairspray, foundation with the half price voucher I had, shower gel – nothing exciting. I popped into WH Smith as I had a gift card from my birthday and managed to get Gok’s Work Your Wardrobe book, Holly & Fearne’s Best Friends’ Guide to Life book and Grazia magazine all for less than a tenner! Not bad going, especially as both the books are hard back.
04-05-12b
 
04-05-12d

Then I went off to Tesco and did the grocery shopping before heading into the city to pick up the young man from the train station as he had been to Scotland for the day for work.

I layered up today as the forecast is not overly warm. What I really wanted to do was pair this pink top with my red jeans, but I thought that might be a bit much! These shoes are from Matalan and were bought a few years back now. They used to get lots of wear so I can’t believe it’s taken me this long to save them. Perhaps it’s all that rain. I had spied these at full price on a lunchtime tip to Matalan one week and then a couple of weeks later they were marked down to just £6 so I snapped them up. I love the funky print but as they are grey they go with just about everything.

04-05-12g
 
Tonight I have no plans other than doing a pedicure (just in case the weather picks up again and it’s warm enough for peep toe shoes – yeah, I wish) and perhaps a phone call with my friend S. But it’s the start of a long weekend so hooray for that!

Teal cord jacket – Long Tall Sally (eBay)
Black and cream stripe cardi – Topshop Tall (eBay)
Pink top – H&M Jeans – New Look
Snakeskin shoes – Matalan
Pink beads – gifted
Pink bracelet – gifted
Whitby Jet cross – gifted
Silver hoops – gifted

Total Est. Cost £53

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I love your blog and read it all the time. I am wondering if you think it is more flattering to wear mid-rise or high-rise jeans. Also do you think it is better to tuck in your tops or leave them untucked or even half tucked, thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome shoes! I have that cardi in red and totally love it, may need to scout out the black version too! :)

    ReplyDelete