Monday, May 07, 2012

Outfit: Shoeper Challenge 2012 #35 and Thrifty Saturday

05-05-12d

05-05-12c

05-05-12h

LTS navy dot flats

On Saturday morning I had an appointment at the beauty salon so I headed off there whilst the young man got ready to go to a Ruby Wedding party with his mum (he was standing in for his dad who was unable to attend). I got home and had a quick lunch, then headed out to do some thrift shopping. I was looking for a pair of tapered leg trousers and although many people say you shouldn’t go thrift shopping with something specific in mind, for me it can sometimes be helpful as it means I don’t come home with all manner of things I didn’t intend to buy, and I only look at one or two sections of each shop. At this point I will say that tapered leg trousers must be one of the most difficult things to find in a charity shop. Bootcut and wide legs were too popular for too long.

05-05-12

05-05-12f

I must have visited a dozen thrift stores around the city. I started out at the next town over which has about seven stores, then went north to a retail park where two of the units have been taken over by charity shops. Then I went to the favourite haunt of Jen from A Little Bird Told Me. There are three charity shops on the parade of shops here and it was in one of these that I found what I was looking for. Although I had found a suitable pair back in the next town over, thanks to Zara’s teeny fits I couldn’t get them on, despite them being marked as my regular size.

05-05-12e

05-05-12b

As I was in the north of the city I carried on driving out and went to visit my parents who are just back from a holiday. I had a cup of tea and some shortbread biscuits with them, caught up on the local paper and the church magazine, then returned home. We had a quiet evening in watching the snooker.

05-05-12g

These are the shoes I got for my birthday from my little sister. I couldn’t resist pairing the spots with a striped top and they were perfect for running around in. The chunky cardi and scarf were a necessity because even though it is May, it was cold!

Navy and white stripe top – H&M
Teal jeans – Topshop Tall
Navy and white spot flats – Long Tall Sally (gifted)
Navy cardi – Topshop Tall
Navy scarf – Dorothy Perkins
Blue/black ring – charity shop
Teal beads – Claire’s
Silver hoops - gifted

Total Est. Cost £108

No comments:

Post a Comment