Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Outfit: Shoeper Challenge 2012 #36 and Some New (from eBay) Trousers

15-05-12c


15-05-12e


May15


New Look Grey


I’ve really been slacking on the Shoeper Challenge over the past week and haven’t managed to save any shoes at all. I think that all comes from loving a few pairs of my shoes so much that I just want to wear them over and over. Which, I suppose, is partly what the challenge is about: use them or lose them and if you’ve not worn them in a year, you’re probably not going to be that upset about losing them.

15-05-12b


Anyway, these shoes were bought some years ago in Whitby when I spied them for just £4.99 in a charity shop. They looked as though they’d never been worn and were so adorable that I snapped them up straight away. They’re from New Look originally so that means that the suede is fake: something I’m quite glad about really because pale grey suede plus the British weather would not a good match make.

15-05-12d


I got these trousers on eBay last week. They’re Topshop Tall ones and the length is superb. I love the check pattern on them too: they have a red check, a tan stripe, a black stripe and also a blue stripe, meaning they will be very versatile in what they can be paired with.

15-05-12


Last night I went to Boot Camp class at the gym and it was another tough workout. It’ll all be doing me good though. Then, overcome by a fit of nostalgia after the weekend, I dragged out all my old school magazines and spent the rest of the evening reading them. Lurking in the back of the 1990 issue was an advert for one of our clients at my previous job. Who turns out to be an Old Boy of my school. I swear, the world gets smaller by the day!

Red sweater – Long Tall Sally (eBay)
Grey check trousers – Topshop Tall (eBay)
Grey faux suede shoes – New Look (charity shop)
Red beads – eBay
Red and cream bangles – gifted
Silver hoops – gifted

Total Est. Cost £31

3 comments:

  1. How lovely to see a blogger that wears glasses as strong as mine! (I'm -9.25 in one eye and -9.75 in the other)

    I'm shopping for new frames at the moment - can't decide whether to play it safe with a pair similar to yours or to go for something a little more daring like the wayfarer styles.

    I think I might try www.glassesdirect.co.uk as they will send you 4 pairs that you can try at home. I can then try them with different outfits, hairstyles etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous shoes, really!

    ReplyDelete