Monday, June 11, 2012

Shoeper Challenge 2012 #42 and What I Got Up To Last Week


I’m back y’all! We had a lovely week off, which I’ll tell you about in a minute, but first the important business of shoe saving! These leopard print flats were worn on Saturday with my teal Topshop skinny jeans and a black top. The shoes were bought from ASDA sometime last year to replace my original pair which fell apart due to so much wear. I think these cost all of about £8.

So, last weekend, the Jubilee, we had a quiet Saturday (I spent much of it cleaning out the kitchen cupboards) and then on Sunday we went down to Lincolnshire to visit some friends. We went to a Steam Rally that afternoon and it rained. We had to get hot chocolate to warm ourselves up it was so cold. That evening we lit a log fire (I swear, it has skipped summer and gone straight to autumn this year) and stayed in. The following morning it was still raining on and off and hadn’t warmed up at all, but we headed off to a Jubilee fair in a nearby village and this time had to call at the tea hut to warm up! The sun came out for a while and the friends’ children managed a round of Putting, and when we got back to the house it was still sunny so we had a barbeque for tea. The young man and I headed home after that and watched the Jubilee concert on TV.

Tuesday we went for a drive to Dalby Forest in North Yorkshire, stopping off in Helmsley on the way as there was a fair on in the market place. Wednesday we had a quiet day at home as it was raining, and Thursday we went to visit my sister and my niece. It was still raining. My parents were there too so it was nice to see most of my family at the same time.

Friday we went to Whitby and the rain stopped and the sun came out and we had a lovely lunch and a walk up to the Abbey and then back along the beach. We called for a drink at a pub on the way back, then got a KFC for tea (we wanted fish and chips really but all the chippies near us close early on Fridays).

Saturday I did the Tesco shop and had a walk to the village, and yesterday it was quite sunny so I got some washing on the line and had a walk up to the retail park. And that was our week off. Wet and cold (at times) but still a nice break.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a lovely time despite the weather!

    Kitty xox

    ReplyDelete