Monday, June 18, 2012

Shoeper Challenge 2012 #44 and Weekend Recap

16-06-12c


16-06-12b


What a busy weekend! Saturday morning I had an appointment at the beauty salon so I headed off to the village for that. I went to the butcher’s for stewing beef and sausages, to the Co-op and then walked home. I made Hot Pot to go in the slow cooker for tea, wrapped the Father’s Day presents for my dad, and then we had some lunch.

16-06-12


In the afternoon I had planned to make some muffins but the young man persuaded me to go with him to Staples and B&Q so we did that. We got back home and it was time to get ready to go out. We went drop off a card and gift at a 70th birthday do and ended up staying for an hour or so and having a drink there. We went home for tea and then went up to a friend’s house for his leaving party (he’s moving down south next week). We had a fab time – the Wii and Just Dance 3 came out and there was much hilarity. The all-black outfit is from Saturday night. I’ve been wearing all black a lot recently though I’m not sure why. I really like the look though.

17-06-12


It ended up being a fairly late night so we slept quite late Sunday morning. I got up and made the muffins I hadn’t made yesterday and did a load of washing. The young man went off for a ride on his motorbike and I had some lunch, then went to visit my parents (stopping off at the tip on the way to get rid of an old computer desk which I had taken to bits that morning). It was Father’s Day in the UK today so it was nice to call in and see my dad.

17-06-12c


17-06-12d


17-06-12e


When I got home at teatime the young man was back so I made tea then prepared a stew to go in the slow cooker for tea tomorrow (I’ll be at the gym at teatime so it means the meal will be ready when I get back). Then I made the lunches for tomorrow and did the ironing whilst watching Dirty Dancing on TV (best movie ever!).

17-06-12b


So, another pair of shoes is safe. For some reason I had it in my head that these shoes rubbed, but I wore them most of Saturday and Sunday with bare feet and they were fine. They were a gift from Spartoo last year and they are by Hush Puppies so have supremely comfortable squishy soles. I didn’t take outfit shots on Sunday, just detail shots and a shoe shot. Got to get a picture in order for the save to count!

Saturday:
Black shrug – Long Tall Sally (eBay)
Black and silver top – New Look Tall
Black jeans – Next Tall (eBay)
Red suede flats – Jones The Bootmaker
Whitby Jet cross – gifted
Black and silver bracelets – gifted
Snakeskin belt – local boutique

Total Est. Cost £44


Sunday:
Navy spot sweater – Topshop (eBay)
Jeans – New Look
Red flats – Hush Puppies (c/o Spartoo)
Brown belt – free with a pair of jeans
Navy heart necklace – Scope
Blue faux leather jacket – H&M

Total Est. Cost £63

No comments:

Post a Comment