Monday, July 02, 2012

Rimmel Instant Tan Water Resistant Review


Having decided a couple of years ago that I was through with fake tan thanks to the terrible smell (even the ones that were supposed to have no smell or be scented with something else still smell like biscuits) I turned to instant tan to give my legs a bit of colour. The trouble with these is that they wash off – great for getting rid of the colour at the end of the day, not so great for this country’s unpredictable weather patterns and a sudden downpour left you susceptible to streaky or rain splattered legs. So when I spotted that Rimmel had brought out a water resistant version of their Sun Shimmer I hot-footed it to Boots and bought a tube.

And I wasn’t impressed. It could have been that I put too much on, or applied it too hastily, but I got streaks and found that the product didn’t sink in to my skin and stayed sticky all day. Which was pretty annoying as I was sitting at my desk and my legs kept sticking together. The colour was good but due to the sticky factor I am reluctant to give it a second try.

Have you tried the Instant Tan Water Resistant formula? What did you think of it? If you want to try it you can get it at Boots for £6.99.

No comments:

Post a Comment