Monday, October 01, 2012

Outfit: All Brown and Weekend Recap

01-10-12d


01-10-12b


01-10-12e


October01


Georgia Rose tan boots


How are you all this fine Monday? Did you have a lovely weekend?

Bridlington from the cliffs at Sewerby

Looking back at Sewerby Methodist Church

On Saturday we were up in good time and headed off to Driffield to go to a countryside fair/show thing that was on at Driffield Showground. We had a wander around for about an hour but there wasn’t that much to see, and there was a really chilly wind making it a bit cold for standing around watching the displays (though we did see a bit of some guy doing stunts on a quad bike, and some dogs chasing a carrier bag attached to a string). We decided to go to Bridlington for the afternoon and parked up near Sewerby village. My great grandparents lived at Sewerby and laid the foundation stone when they were building the new Methodist Church in the village. I don’t think I ever visited them there, I was only 3 when my great-grandma died (I do remember her though, vaguely, at my grandma’s house, she tried to lift me up to see out of the window and couldn’t because I was too heavy for her; she was 89 years old by then). We walked down the cliff path to Bridlington and round the town centre. We went up to the old town to see whether it was any nicer than the tacky bits by the sea front but there wasn’t much doing there. We walked back to the main town and had some very late lunch in a cafe.

Bridlington Old Town

Bridlington Harbour

Yesterday my sister, her husband and their daughter came over. I was on Sunday school duty at church so I went off to do that – we made pizzas and I was very good and didn’t eat any. The young man and my brother in law went to go and look at cars as my sister and brother in law want to buy a second one. I got home at lunchtime and my sister and I had some soup for dinner that I’d made the evening before. We spent the afternoon just hanging out with my niece; we made some muffins then roasted a chicken for tea. In the evening I prepared a hot pot for tonight’s tea, then deboned the chicken and used it to make sandwiches for today’s lunches.

01-10-12c


01-10-12


Today’s outfit is a variation of yesterday’s as I didn’t take any pictures. I got this sweater on eBay a couple of weeks back to replace one that is a bit big and a paler brown colour. I like this shade of brown better and the buttons are just an added bonus.

Brown polo neck sweater – Long Tall Sally (eBay)
Brown denim skirt – John Rocha (charity shop)
Brown tights – Red or Dead (c/o Tightsplease)
Tan boots – Georgia Rose (c/o Sarenza)
Wood heart necklace – Scope
Leopard print scarf – Diamonds and Pearls
Silver hoops – gifted

Total Est. Cost £20

No comments:

Post a Comment