Sunday, October 14, 2012

Outfit: Saturday Kitchen

13-10-12d


13-10-12c


13-10-12b


13-10-12e


LTS navy dot flats


I seemed to spend most of Saturday in the kitchen. We slept fairly late and then I made some porridge for breakfast. I put a load of washing on, wrapped some eBay sales and took a walk to the village to post my parcels. When I got back I put a pumpkin on to roast as I wanted to make some pumpkin cupcakes. We had some dinner then I got started on my baking.

13-10-12


I had seen this recipe linked on Kimberley’s Fab Finds blog and wanted to make the buns/cupcakes as they looked really easy and are very Weight Watchers friendly. Having tried and failed to find canned pumpkin in the UK (neither Asda nor Tesco have it, but they both carry something called Eazy Fried Onions in a can. Go figure.) I had to go the homemade purée route by roasting, blending and sieving a fresh pumpkin. It’s probably healthier that way anyhow. I made the cupcakes and they turned out delicious – super moist and light.

13-10-12f


14-10-12e


Next up was some carrot and sweet potato soup and then I could finally sit down and relax a bit. We sat in the conservatory in the sunshine for a while in the afternoon. The young man was out with some work people Saturday night so I spent the evening reading magazines and listening to music.

Blue wool sweater – M&S (charity shop)
White shirt – Long Tall Sally
Jeans – New Look
Navy and white spot flats – Long Tall Sally (gifted)
Navy scarf – Dorothy Perkins

Total Est. Cost £59

No comments:

Post a Comment