Sunday, October 07, 2012

Outfit: Shoeper Challenge 2012 #67 & #68 and a Busy Weekend!

Office Chantelle


Friday night we had the young man’s parents over for tea. I cooked a roast chicken and oven baked jacket potatoes, and served it with garlic bread and salad. That evening we went up to the local cricket club for a few drinks. I saved a pair of shoes by wearing them out for drinks, but didn’t take outfit pictures as I just put the shoes on with the black sweater and jeans I had been wearing all day. These shoes were bought from Office about five years ago. I love the metallic leather and that bright blue is my colour. I like them so much I used them in the banner of my blog!

06-10-12


06-10-12c


06-10-12b


06-10-12d


Mustang Alora boots


Saturday morning the young man’s dad came over and the young man helped him change the brake discs and pads on his car. I did some washing, mopped the floor, walked to the village for a couple of things, then made some leek and potato soup for lunch. In the afternoon the young man’s mum came round to see how the fellas were getting on so I chatted to her and made several cups of tea for everyone.

Saturday’s day time outfit:
Cream and grey stripe sweater – H&M
Grey check shirt – New Look Tall
Jeans – New Look
Grey boots – Mustang Shoes (c/o Sarenza)

Total Est. Cost £55


06-10-12e


06-10-12h


newlookboots


Saturday night we went to a local Working Men’s Club to meet some friends. This was a new experience for me and it was all happening in the club – the rugby was on (Challenge Cup Final, Leeds Rhinos won – yay!), then the boxing was on. There was bingo in another room, then we went through to watch the ‘turn’ – a singing duo doing 60s covers. Later on back in the main room they had Play Your Cards Right, and the young man had a game of snooker on one of the tables there.

06-10-12g


06-10-12f


I took the opportunity to save another pair of boots, a blue suede pair from New Look. They have buttons on the side and I’ve had them since around 2004.

Black cashmere sweater – F+F at Tesco
Jeans – New Look
Blue suede boots – New Look
Blue heart necklace – Scope
Silver cuff bangle – M&S (free on 3 for 2 offer)

Total Est. Cost £53


07-10-12


07-10-12b


FaithMary


This morning was Harvest Festival at church and the choir were singing an introit and an anthem. After the service I dashed home and we went up to the young man’s parents’ house for lunch. The young man’s Godmother was visiting and his sister and her family came over too. It was a lovely sunny day so once everyone had left we went for a walk and stopped off at a pub in the village for a drink on the way home.

This evening I have prepared a beef stew for tea tomorrow, made the lunches and now I’m half watching Back To The Future 2 whilst blogging.

Sunday morning’s outfit:
Tan sweater – New Look Tall
Brown denim skirt – John Rocha (charity shop)
Brown tights – Tesco?
Brown leather boots – Faith
Brown heart necklace – Scope
White gold cross necklace – gifted
Brown wood bangles – gifted
Brown metallic bangles – Dorothy Perkins

Total Est. Cost £79

No comments:

Post a Comment