Monday, October 29, 2012

Weekend Recap

27-10-12c


Did you all have a lovely weekend? I did. It was busy given that I had nothing planned up to Friday night, but not too busy that I don’t feel like I’ve had a rest.

Friday afternoon the young man texted to say would I pick him up in the city on my way home from work? Driving through the city on a Friday afternoon was just about the last thing I wanted to do, but I said I would and the traffic turned out to not be as bad as I thought it would be. On the way home we decided we’d go to our local pub for tea. We both had the steak pie which was delicious, and we were home by 7.30pm.

27-10-12b


Saturday morning I got up and did some chores around the house, then walked to the village to get some beef from the butcher. We had an earlyish lunch then went out for a walk as it was a gloriously sunny day (even though it was freezing cold!) and we wanted to make the most of the last long afternoon before the clocks changed that night. We must have walked about 8 miles and we stopped off at a couple of pubs en route. We got home and decided to order pizza for tea. I can’t remember the last time I ate pizza so I really enjoyed it.

27-10-12


Sunday we got up to rain so decided to have a day around the house. The young man pottered in his garage, I made the beef into a stew to go in the slow cooker for tea and made some leek and potato soup for lunch. My sister phoned to see whether we were in and could she, her husband and their daughter come over to see us in the afternoon to show off their new car. As we had no plans I said this was fine and they came over. The lads went for a spin in the new car and we chatted and drank tea and ate pumpkin buns. So all in all it was a good weekend.

Saturday’s outfit:
Purple polo neck – Long Tall Sally
Purple, black and white check shirt – Dorothy Perkins Tall
Jeans – Vila (I Am..... boutique)
Grey boots – Mustang Shoes (c/o Sarenza)

Total Est. Cost £84

No comments:

Post a Comment