Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Outfit: Short Dress, Tall Boots

06-11-12


06-11-12d


November06


NL black faux leather OTK


It’s all about optical illusions today. The taller the boots the less short the short dress looks. There is less space between the dress hem and the top of the boots. And if the boots are flat, even better.

06-11-12b


Last night was bonfire night in the UK, the annual celebration where we remember Guy Fawkes trying and failing to blow up the Houses of Parliament back in 1605. (I just had to look that date up, is that bad?) It struck me last night that it’s a curious tradition: we celebrate a failed plot to blow something up by blowing things up. But it’s always fun nonetheless and the young man and I headed down to one of the pubs in our village who always put on a big firework display and have a bonfire in the neighbouring churchyard. Before we went out we had Toad in the Hole for tea so we were nice and warm and full of good food.

06-11-12c


We went home and watched Mythbusters and then I read some of my latest book: The Woman He Loved Before by Dorothy Koomson. I love her writing and I think this is the last book of hers I have to read. I hope she writes some more!

Teal dress – Next Tall (eBay)
Black polo neck sweater – Long Tall Sally
Black leggings – New Look Tall
Black OTK boots – New Look
Silver beads – ASDA
Silver earrings – gifted
Teal ring – New Look

Total Est. Cost £102

No comments:

Post a Comment