Sunday, November 04, 2012

Weekend Recap

November04

Clockwise from top left: Sunday’s tea; pumpkin buns; walking boots for Sunday afternoon; the fire in the pub; what I wore; all togged up for a winter walk

Friday night we went to our local pub for tea, and met the young man’s parents aunty and her husband there. We had a lovely meal – I had the home made steak pie which is always delicious. We were home early and watched Smokey And The Bandit on TV, which I’d not seen before but my attention was caught by a very young Sally Field.

Saturday morning we got up in reasonable time and pottered about. I made some leek and potato soup for lunch then in the afternoon we washed our cars. I went to the supermarket for a few bits then made some pumpkin buns. I used a different brand of cake mix this time and they are super chocolaty! In the evening we watched the Sex And The City movie on TV.

Sunday morning we had bacon sarnies for breakfast then I put a joint of pork in the slow cooker to roast in some cider with apples and onions. After lunch we went for a walk. It was freezing out but we stopped at a pub part way round to sit by the fire, and got back ready to eat the pork. It was delish and there’s loads left for making sandwiches for the next couple of days.

Sunday’s outfit:
Grey polo neck – Long Tall Sally
Grey check shirt – New Look Tall
Jeans – River Island
Walking boots – Merrell (c/o Fitness Footwear)
Turquoise coat – Long Tall Sally
Cream pashmina – gifted
Beige cord cap – Dorothy Perkins

Total Est. Cost £140

No comments:

Post a Comment