Thursday, December 06, 2012

Outfit: Shoeper Challenge 2012 #77 and an Unexpected Visit

06-12-12


06-12-12d



Faithrigid


It’s cold out again today, and snow is forecast too. I spent much of the morning wishing I’d put on another layer, but then I drank more tea and warmed up and it was OK. I did actually have on another layer over what you see here: I added my huge turquoise printed H&M scarf and kept it on much of the day. So a little warmer but not sweater-warm.

06-12-12b


Last night we set out after tea and picked up a friend of the young man’s en route to visit another friend of theirs from university. About halfway there it transpired that the second friend didn’t know we were coming and so might not even be in. We arrived and the friend was in, but hosting his church house group. We were welcomed in, right into the middle of a Bible study. It was fine and once the study wrapped up we were able to catch up with our friends. The only downside was that we didn’t get home until almost midnight so I have been a little sleepy much of today.

06-12-12c


These boots were bought in the Faith sale way back in 2005 or 2006. Now that Faith is consigned to the history books (other than the concessions in Debenhams of course) I like having a little piece of the brand in my closet (or two pieces actually, I have another pair of Faith boots). They can be tricky to wear due to the length of the leg shaft and the fact that they are a bit narrow to fit over jeans, but they are pulled out now and again and manage to earn their keep.

The red boots I wore a couple of days ago are definitely destined for the bin. They were worse chipped than I first thought and won’t really stand up to another wearing.

Teal top – Long Tall Sally
Grey polo neck – River Island
Grey wool skirt – Gap
Grey tights – Tesco? Primark? Who knows?
Teal boots – Faith
Teal necklace – Scope
Silver glitter belt – local boutique

Total Est. Cost £94

1 comment: