Sunday, January 13, 2013

Weekend Recap

12-01-13


12-01-13b


12-01-13d


Deichmann Graceland wedge boot


How was your weekend everyone? Mine was pretty good. Saturday morning I got up and made bacon muffins for breakfast (that’s just English muffins toasted with bacon in them, not some fancy cakes or anything!). I made some leek and potato soup for dinner (we had more home grown leeks from the young man’s dad) and cleaned the bathroom. After dinner I headed into town to meet my sister and a friend and see Les Misérables at the cinema. It was fantastic! Some of the singing is questionable but they have stayed very true to the stage version and the music is just as awesome as it always is. Go and see it.

12-01-13c


After the movie I headed home and make pork burgers for tea. The young man and I spent the evening watching Yes Man on Love Film instant.

Inspired by Jen and her lovely long locks, I got out my hair extensions again this weekend. They're only a little bit longer than my own hair now, but they still give some extra length and a bit of added volume.

Cream stripe sweater – H&M
Jeans – Next Tall (eBay)
Tan boots – c/o Deichmann Shoes
Cream scarf – gifted
Cream and silver bead cluster – New Look

Total Est. Cost £36

13-01-13


This morning there was a dusting of snow on the ground but I had to get up and head to church as I was on Sunday school duty. I wrapped up warm and my class spent the morning drawing around each other to make life-size pictures of themselves.

After dinner the young man and I took a walk through the wood to a local pub. We had a drink and then walked home again. It was really cold out and it started to snow as we were walking home, but only tiny flakes and only a little bit.

Yes I have spent the whole weekend in the same boots. Well, I changed them for my walking boots this afternoon, but other than that. They are faux-sheepskin lined and very warm, even warmer with my furry boot toppers on them. The wedge heel makes them really comfy and the soles are chunky rubber so they have good traction should it have been icy this morning.

Grey knit dress – New Look Tall (eBay)
Grey thermal top – Tesco men’s
Grey rib tights – H&M
Tan belt – ASOS
Tan boots – c/o Deichmann Shoes
Boot toppers – gifted
Whitby Jet cross – gifted

Total Est. Cost £34

No comments:

Post a Comment