Friday, March 08, 2013

Outfit: A Good Imagination

08-03-13c


08-03-13b


08-03-13e


Priceless yellow


This morning dawned grey, cold and wet so my spring colours seemed a little out of place and I almost swapped the pink jacket for a black one. But if you’ve got a good imagination you can pretend it’s sunny and warm outside and as this jacket gets far less wear than my black one I was glad I stuck with it. I was going to put my pale wash jeans with this outfit but after my red pair got mud-spattered from the rain yesterday I decided a darker pair was probably more sensible given the rain forecast again for today. Here’s hoping for some dry spring days soon so that the pale jeans can get an airing.

08-03-13d


Last night I went to Aldi to do the shopping, and the young man came with me to our local town to get his hair cut. He met me in Aldi and then we went to Tesco for a few bits. When we got home I unpacked the shopping, made the lunches for today and then took a shower. I wanted to paint my nails and watch the Big Reunion at 9pm, which I did. I’m still testing out the Topshop Peel Off nail varnish – review coming soon!

08-03-13


Anyway, as always I am thankful that it’s the weekend. I have plans to see my sister, niece and parents as it is Mother’s Day in the UK this weekend. (I just looked up why Mother’s Day differs in the US and the UK, and apparently Mother’s Day was a US invention that was then adopted by many countries around the world and the UK moved it to March to tie in with the religious festival of Mothering Sunday.)

Pink jacket – Long Tall Sally (eBay)
Pink and blue stripe shirt – YSL (charity shop)
Jeans – New Look
Yellow wedges – Matalan
Pink necklace – gifted
Silver hoops – gifted
Yellow belt – charity shop

Total Est. Cost £37

No comments:

Post a Comment