Friday, April 19, 2013

Outfit: Stripes, Jeans, Leopard, Scarf (or: The Accessories Make the Outfit)

19-04-13d


19-04-13b


19-04-13e


Atelier Mercadal leopard courts


The bare bones of this outfit are pretty basic: blue jeans and a striped top. But add a few simple accessories (leopard print shoes, a favourite scarf) and it’s really easy to kick it up a notch or two. Suddenly you have pattern mixing (in triplicate!), a shot of colour and some classic footwear. And I like it.

19-04-13c


19-04-13


This week is the drama group show and although I am no longer involved in the actual productions, I still like to help out show week. Last night I was on meet and greet duties as various invited guest were in attendance – presidents of other societies, the Mayor. We serve drinks and nibbles before the show and during the interval and I had intended to do a quick tidy up after the interval then go home. But I got chatting to a couple of people I’d not seen since last year’s show and before I knew it it was gone 10pm. We ran out of fruit juice after the pre-show drinks so I had to high-tail it to the supermarket to get some more as soon as Act 1 started. I’d have worn smaller heels if I’d known that was part of the job description!

Cream and navy stripe top – Forever 21 (similar)
Jeans – New Look (similar)
Turquoise scarf – H&M
Leopard print heels – Atelier Mercadel (c/o Sarenza) (similar)
Silver cuff – Marks and Spencer (free on 3 for 2)
Silver square hoops – Claire’s

Total Est. Cost £54

3 comments:

  1. Hi, I thought to ask about your experiences with Sarenza. Has it worked fine for you, in terms of ordering, quality etc? I found the website through your blog and they seem to have a great selection. But also googling reviews for it returns a lot of negative comments so I thought to ask what your experiences have been like?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi

    Yes the quality is good, especially of the more expensive brands. Everything is always well packed. In terms of delivery - I usually opt for the standard shipping which is free, and this will take about a week for your items to arrive. Sarenza ship them out the same day (orders before 10am or something I think) or the following day, but then the courier companies can be a bit hit and miss (they use HDNL/Yodel/DHL) and hang on to your package for days on end without updating their website, which can be frustrating. However, the staff at Sarenza couldn't be more helpful if you do need to chase up a delivery and are available by phone and on Twitter.

    The one time I paid for next day delivery the item didn't arrive on time (again, more to do with the courier I suspect) but my delivery charge was refunded and the item arrived only 1 day late.



    I've just had a quick Google and many of the bad reviews are from more than 12 months ago. The more recent comments are more positive. I would say the shipping is slow but I think a lot of the items come from France.


    Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the experiences. I'll give it a go. I love the selection they have, although a bit pricey but so much choice! :-)

    ReplyDelete