Friday, May 10, 2013

Outfit: Spots on Spots on Stripes (and New Shoes!)

10-05-13d


10-05-13c


10-05-13e


Georgia Rose red patent flats


I thought it would be fun to pair my polka dot blazer with a stripy top for a pattern-mixing casual Friday look. I’m really liking lighter wash jeans this spring so I went for a pair of those too. A couple of weeks back I put an extra button on this jacket and I think it sits better at the front now. The original button was just a little too low making the lapels billow out a bit. It seemed like it needed another button higher up so I stitched on the spare that came with it and bravely cut a button hole and stitched around it (I say bravely as I’ve never done that before and didn’t really know what I was doing, only that I needed to stitch it enough to stop it fraying or tearing further). I’m glad I did as it’s much better now.

10-05-13b


Last night I did the supermarket shopping and then watched the final episode of Abby and Brittany: Joined For Life.

10-05-13


Finally, the shoes. This pair is my latest pick from Sarenza. I wanted some patent flats because it rains a lot here and many of my flats are suede or fabric. Not practical. My red pair is suede and whilst I love them I don’t want to ruin them by getting them wet. Patent leather is waterproof. I went for red because you can never go wrong with red shoes (hence my motto: if in doubt, wear red shoes) and Georgia Rose because their (her?) shoes come in my size and are usually really comfy. These looked like they would be brighter on the Sarenza website but they are more of a burgundy in real life. That’s fine though, and as rain was forecast I decided to give them their first outing today. They were pretty comfy on the first wear bur one thing to beware of with this style: they are unlined so the inside of the leather has turned my feet red!

Black and white polka dot blazer – Primark (eBay) (similar)
Black and white stripe t – Next Tall (eBay) (similar)
Jeans – Long Tall Sally (eBay) (similar)
Burgundy patent flats – Georgia Rose (c/o Sarenza)
Turquoise necklace – Dorothy Perkins
Turquoise spot scarf – Becksondergaard (TK Maxx)
Silver cuff – M&S (free on 3 for 2)
Silver hoops – Claire’s

Total Est. Cost £45

1 comment: