Thursday, May 23, 2013

Outfit: Top of the Crops (Trousers and Sweater)

23-05-13


23-05-13d


LK Bennett Shilo


With the forecast high just 9°C today (not to mention the hail/sleet/snow that kept falling with alarming intensity) and the unpredictability of the new office’s air conditioning, I decided a warm sweater was probably a good idea. Yes I know it’s May but I spent so much of last summer being cold I’ve decided to dress for the weather rather than the season this year. And if that means pulling some of my winter items out of storage then so be it.

23-05-13c


Last night I went for a swim straight after work. I have a love-hate relationship with my gym’s swimming pool. I love that they have one, it’s one of the reasons I signed up in the first place, but I hate that they let children use it. They have swimming lessons with private instructors but children in general are allowed in from 2-5pm every day. I think there should be at least one afternoon in the week when I can swim child-free, but no. It’s annoying because if I wanted to go to a pool full of children I could just go to the leisure centre, and not pay a monthly fee for the privilege! It wasn’t too bad in there yesterday to be fair, but some days it’s like a crèche.

23-05-13b


After tea I did some mending and made a loaf of bread, then we watched a couple of episodes of Only Fools and Horses.

Cream cropped sweater – Topshop Tall
Grey cropped trousers – Gap (charity shop)
Burgundy patent leather shoes – LK Bennett (c/o Sarenza)
Whitby Jet cross – gifted
Silver square hoops – Claire’s
Black and silver stud belt – free with a pair of trousers

No comments:

Post a Comment