Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Outfit: Teal with a Grey Bouclé Biker

12-06-13d


12-06-13e


LK Bennett Maddox coral


I’m not wearing anything specifically Tall today, which is a rarity for me given that about 40% of my closet is Long Tall Sally and probably another 35% is Topshop, New Look, Next or DP Tall. Today I am sporting H&M and Warehouse.

12-06-13b


H&M are known (and rightly so) for their erratic sizing (case in point: I have items in S, M & L from there that all fit; today’s skirt is a 14 and is too big, a few weeks back I couldn’t get into a pair of their pants marked 14) but sometimes they produce some gems in the long sleeve department. This top has super long sleeves and a long body so is perfect for me. Skirts I find I can buy from pretty much anywhere as long as they aren’t stupidly short.

12-06-13


Warehouse I like because they give the height of their models on their website, at least one of whom is 5’10”. So if an item looks OK on her, I know it will be OK on me (she must have very short legs though as their jeans are all the right length on her but claim to only be a 31” inside leg). This jacket has longer than average-for-the –high-street sleeves.

12-06-13c


Last night I went to my usual step class and then was very good and stayed for the aqua aerobics straight after it. The instructor is a bit bonkers and had us doing Gangnam Style in the pool. Later on I watched a documentary about Agnetha Faltskog (the blonde one from Abba). She has a new album out and looks amazing for her 63 years. The documentary charted her life from her rise to fame in Sweden aged 15, right through to the present day. I am a massive fan of Abba so there wasn’t much in it I didn’t already know, but it’s always nice to hear Abba songs and for so many years Agnetha didn’t give interviews that it was good to hear her version of events.

Grey biker jacket – Warehouse
Teal top – H&M
Teal skirt – H&M
Orange/coral wedges – LK Bennett (c/o Sarenza)
Teal necklaces – Scope
Silver square hoop earrings – Claire’s

No comments:

Post a Comment