Thursday, July 04, 2013

Outfit: Blue Dress, Black Accessories

04-07-13


04-07-13f


LK Bennett Zahara black


Bright blue with black accents for today’s outfit. Usually I would wear a black dress with blue accents if I was going for this colour combination but I like to shake it up sometimes.

04-07-13c


This blue dress is by Wallis, which is not somewhere I would usually shop. I got this in a charity shop though, where the bright blue caught my eye (I tend to hone in on anything in bright blue, stripes or spots in charity shops). That’s the great thing about charity shopping – you can try out styles or brands you wouldn’t usually go for at a fraction of the cost. This dress cost just £6.99 and when I decided the length was wrong I wasn’t afraid to just hack the bottom off and leave it unhemmed.

04-07-13b


Last night I headed into Leeds to meet my sister. We were attending the Northern Bloggers and WordPress event, kindly hosted by The Light shopping and leisure complex, who let us have a room in their management suite for the evening. The whole thing was free and we were treated to talks by the fabulous Karyn Fleeting (Miss Thrifty) and Kimb Jones (a WordPress advocate) about how to get media interest in your blog, and why WordPress’s dashboard sucks, respectively. My sister doesn’t even have a blog (though she’d like to start one but is stuck for ideas – what would you like to read about?!) and she really enjoyed the evening.

04-07-13d


Beforehand we went to the Crêpeaffaire crêperie in the new Trinity Leeds shopping centre, for very tasty crêpes. After the talks the whole group wandered down to the Lazy Lounge where the staff had kindly set aside a bit of space for us to enjoy a couple of drinks and chat further.

04-07-13e


The Northern Bloggers and WordPress group intends to hold monthly meetings so if you’re a northern blogger in the Leeds/Bradford area get yourself along to the next one.

Blue dress – Wallis (charity shop)
Black belt – local boutique
Black patent wedges – LK Bennett (c/o Sarenza)
Silver beads – Scope
Silver square hoops – Claire’s
Black tank – Zara



Follow me on:

1 comment:

  1. What a bargain of a dress!!! It's a lovely colour!

    Argh, I could have gone to the light last night, I just sat in my room drinking beer on my own (haha, I have a week off work as I've just moved house), but thanks for the link, I never have any idea how bloggers find out about these meetups, the but the talks sound great! I might come to the next one if I get brave enough or can convince a housemate to come with me. I'll have to see what shift I am working! I'm kind of a socially awkward person, but I'm trying to change that!

    What type of bloggers tend to go?

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete