Friday, July 19, 2013

Outfit: In Praise of the Bandeau

17-07-13b


17-07-13d


Skechers flip flops


Remember last week how I wanted to wear my navy dress but decided it was too warm for two layers? The trouble with that dress is that it is too low cut to wear without a cami underneath and it struck me then that a bandeau would be the perfect solution: coverage without being an actual layer. I held on to that thought and whilst I was out in Harrogate on Tuesday wondered where on earth I would buy a bandeau, other than somewhere such as American Apparel. (I don’t even know whether American Apparel do them, it just strikes me that they would.) My sister and I went into New Look and at the bottom of the escalator (the Harrogate branch is in the basement of the Victoria Gardens shopping centre) was a rack of bandeaus (bandeaux? I don’t know). They were marked £2.99 so I bought three, and when I got to the till they were actually reduced to £2. I have a few tank tops that tend to stretch with wear and if you are not careful you can end up flashing your bra, so I teamed one such top with a bright orange bandeau on Thursday and loved it.

17-07-13c


Thursday morning the young man had a load of cement delivered for the floor of the garage extension he is building. I helped him to level it out and I did some washing. At the end of the spin cycle the washing machine died – there were strange noises and smoke and everything, so I spent a little time looking online for a new one.

17-07-13


The young man’s parents called round to see us and to look at the newly installed stove. After dinner I went to Ikea and to the mall for a couple of bits and then we enjoyed the sunshine in the garden.

Grey tank – Dorothy Perkins (gifted)
Orange bandeau – New Look
Denim shorts – Next Tall (eBay)
Pink and orange flip flops – Skechers (c/o Sarenza)
Silver cross necklace – gifted
Silver hoops – gifted
Pink bangle – gifted


Follow me on:

No comments:

Post a Comment