Thursday, August 15, 2013

Outfit: Double Denim – Blue and Red

15-08-13c


15-08-13b


15-08-13f


Matalan cream black quilt MJs


An easy way to work the current double denim trend is to put a classic blue denim jacket with a pair of coloured jeans. I did this today with my beloved red jeans and my favourite thrifted Warehouse denim jacket.

15-08-13


15-08-13e


I also wore another pair of Matalan shoes. I really like these and I don’t know why I don’t wear them more often. The forecast today is for rain (I have a hair appointment, of course it’s going to rain) so their faux leather-ness is perfect. Never underestimate the power of a strap for improving the comfort level of heels. When you’re not worrying about keeping a shoe on your foot they instantly become more comfortable.

15-08-13d


Last night was very exciting because my new washing machine arrived! We got it sited and connected up and then I ran an empty load (as per the instructions) followed by a full load. It’s very snazzy – it plays a tune (that sounds exactly like one of my niece’s toys would sound) when it’s done. I love it! I put the washing on the line and it started raining (of course it did, but it’s nice to know my magic powers haven’t diminished over the month I’ve been without a washer) so the kitchen is rather full of laundry currently. The new machine has a bigger capacity than the old one which will be great when it’s a fine day, but not so great when you have to dry inside. (I don’t like to use my tumble dryer in August.)

Denim jacket – Warehouse (charity shop)
Black and white stripe top – Zara (sale)
Red jeans – New Look Tall (eBay)
Black and cream shoes – Matalan
Silver cuff – M&S (free on BOGOF)
Red beads – eBay
Silver square hoops – Claire’s
Black leather belt – Pieces (c/o Spartoo)


Follow me on:

No comments:

Post a Comment