Saturday, August 17, 2013

Wedding Shoes at John Lewis

Are you planning your wedding at the moment? Are you going to be a bridesmaid for a friend or relative? Do you need a pair of shoes that exactly match a particular colour dress and are proving impossible to track down? Yes? Then check out the selection of wedding shoes at John Lewis. Prices start from £34.50 (for clearance items) so there’s something to suit all budgets.

Most of the styles on offer are cream, white or silver but did you know that you can have satin shoes dyed to a custom colour? This is something I learned several years back (I almost wrote ‘a couple of years back’ just now, but then thought about it and realised that 2006 was 7 years ago!) when I was a bridesmaid at my sister’s wedding. Being a size 9 my shoe options are limited anyway, but finding a pair in the right shade of dark red to match my dress was proving impossible. Then I found out you can have satin (but not polyester – the dye doesn’t take on polyester) shoes dyed to whatever colour you like. I sent of my shoes with a swatch of fabric and they came back a perfect match.

There are plenty of options with added sparkle too, in the form of diamantes, to add a touch of glamour to your special day.



I particularly like this silver pair by Kurt Geiger, though I know a lot of brides/bridesmaids would not want to wear such high heels all day. John Lewis have every base covered with heels heights from just a centimetre or two, to several inches. For a low heel try this pair by Rainbow Club:


The shoes I mentioned above that I had dyed were by Rainbow Club and almost this exact style, so I can vouch for their comfort levels personally. If you want to go higher (and I wish I had, I don’t wear my red shoes much now as they’re such a low heel for a dressy shoe) there are mid-heels such as these Dune bridal courts. I love the pretty diamante detailing on these:


Or you might be a heels girl through and through in which case what about this d’Orsay pair? Dye them pale taupe and you have pretty much a dead ringer for Carrie’s stolen Manolo Blahnik’s in the A Woman’s Right To Shoes episode of Sex and the City:


If you prefer something more classic, you can’t go wrong with a plain pointed toe court shoe. Dune have this one in white:


Or Rainbow Club have a slightly lower heeled one in a satin finish:


Finally, for brides who are wondering how they will dance the night away in their high heels, there is always the option to switch to flats for the evening reception. This fabulous jewelled pair by Dune are just the job!



All the brands mentioned above are available at John Lewis in their wedding shoe department.


Follow me on:

No comments:

Post a Comment