Friday, October 04, 2013

Outfit: Burgundy, Navy, Jeans and Boots

04-10-13c


04-10-13b


04-10-13e


FaithMary


The weather is bonkers right now. 17°C at 8am is not normal for June around these parts, never mind for early October. It was just as warm at 9pm last night too. It’s weird. And especially since we’ve been shrouded in fog since Wednesday – you’d think it would be cold and damp rather than really warm. Anyway, the fog finally lifted today and gave way to sunshine and showers.

04-10-13


Last night was church choir practice so I stopped off to do the grocery shopping at Aldi on my way home. I love Aldi for its low prices, but some of the employees are less than graceless. You’re supposed to put your items straight back in your trolley after they go through the checkout and pack your bags over by the windows once you’ve paid, so there isn’t a lot of room at the packing side of the checkout. The staff bang your items through super quickly so unless you want to just throw everything back in your trolley, you can’t possible keep up. The girl serving me banged my bag of apples on the side and then managed to knock a bag of bananas on the floor. When I said I didn’t want that pack now (hello, the bananas would be nice and bruised having just taken a tumble from waist height) and could it be changed please, she looked at me like I was insane and begrudgingly called someone over to fetch another pack. When the second girl asked what was wrong with the original ones, the checkout girl just said that they’d been on the floor, not that they had fallen of the checkout and would be bruised, so she let second girl put them back on sale. I guess that goes a long way to explaining the state of Aldi’s fruit and veg at times.

04-10-13d


Anyway, on to today’s outfit. The last time I wore these boots I made a note to pair them with my Next boot cut jeans and did just that today. I went for the first roll neck of the season but it’s only thin given the outdoor temperature. I just love the burgundy hue for autumn. I like to wear these jeans with a top tucked in because the higher waist and long leg length makes me look like I’m all leg. I mean, I am all leg most of the time but these jeans emphasise that even more.

Navy jacket – Warehouse (sale)
Burgundy polo neck sweater – Long Tall Sally
Jeans – Next Tall (eBay)
Brown boots – Faith (sale)
Cream belt – gifted
Silver hoops – gifted
Cream and silver bead necklace – New Look
Navy and cream scarf – Primark


Follow me on:

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear of your experience at Aldi. I love shopping there and I hope your location is just an exceptionally bad one. Love the outfit today and really liked yesterday's offering. You should file a complaint with Aldi's headquarters. I know they would not condone such poor service.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It wasn't my regular store to be fair. The store near me is much better.

    ReplyDelete